Earlier this month, I gave a presentation to about 65 residents and other doctors at the Queens Hospital Center in Jamaica, New York. The topic? “Roles in Patient-Doctor Relationships: Seeing Both Sides”
Over the next several posts, various aspects of that talk will be highlighted:
- Doctors’ Roles and Responsibilities (including doctor morale)
- Patients’ Roles and Responsibilities (and what doctors wish patients knew)
- Stages of Patient Frustration and Satisfaction
- Doctor Actions Improving Patient Relationships
- Patient Actions Improving Doctor Relationships
- We’re Not There Yet on Doctor-Patient Relationships
Doctors typically have the roles and responsibilities highlighted in this image. How do YOU rate each of your doctors across these roles and responsibilities?
As patients, it is also vital for us to understand the factors that may affect our doctors’ performance. This video shows a few such factors.