Yes, we know that self-quarantining is tough on us. Both physically and psychologically. But, we need to fight our way through COVID-19. Today, we consider the keys to happiness in any situation.
First, take a look at these prior posts:
Keys to Happiness While Self-Quarantining
In doing research for this post, we visited a number of online sources. The following observations synthesize our research, as articulated by two of those sources.
From Wanderlust Worker
Emotional Well-Being: 7 Keys to Happiness:
- Practice mindfulness — Meditate and concentrate on the here and now. Discard negative thoughts. Learn to connect body and mind and see the positive side of your daily life situations. Do not live in the future, do not worry about things that have not yet happened, and live the moment.
- Exercise — Exercising regularly makes you feel better about yourself. Not only does it increase your energy levels, but it also reduces stress.
- Surround yourself with positive people — Spend time with family and friends [even if remotely], so you’ll never regret not having spent time with them. Your relationships with others are fundamental to your being happy. That is why you should cherish them.
- Listen to music — This provides many psychological benefits, and, moreover, we can control our mood depending on the type of music we listen to.
- Get outdoors and enjoy the good weather — The sun is a powerful natural antidepressant. So, get off the sofa and switch off the TV.
- Accept yourself as you are — We all go through bad times and it’s not good for you to keep your feelings to yourself. Pretending that everything is going well will only frustrate you and make you even more miserable.
- Find time for yourself — You must always find a moment during each day to dedicate to yourself.
From Red Online
The 10 Keys to Happiness That Are Scientifically Proven: