Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have written several times about anxiety. For example, see Handling Anxiety in Difficult Times. Today, we look at self-care rituals to reduce stress. Hope you find these activities helpful.
Establish New Habits: Self-Care Rituals to Reduce Stress
Do you have daily rituals to help reduce your stress? If no, start now. Here are some suggestions.
Amidst all the disruption and uncertainty we’ve experienced this year, we’ve come to realize that carving out time to recharge our batteries is not a luxury, but a necessity. Especially when it comes to our mental well-being. Luckily, many of us have discovered unexpected habits and rituals that have brought us a sense of calm and groundedness.
We asked our Thrive community to share with us one unexpected self-care ritual that has been helping them recharge during the pandemic. Which of these will you try? 🙂
These are the recommended rituals. To view the discussion about them, click image below.
- Healthy home cooking
- Early morning runs
- Tidying up
- Giving back to the community
- Daily stretching
- Decluttering the house [Yes, this goes beyond tidying up. It involves actually throwing away unneeded stuff.]
- Painting sessions in the morning [or in the evening]
- Taking cold showers — Instead, alternate hot and cold mix for about five minutes.
- “Stay days” [outside activities not requiring overnight accommodations]
- Daily outdoor time
Image by Wayhome Studio/ Shutterstock