On Tuesday, we presented part one. Today, we offer my latest adventures — part two. It is dedicated to my wife Linda, the LOML (love of my life).
Here we are together, as highlighted from my Facebook page.
Linda as Caregiver
Throughout my journey from pancreatic cancer patient until the present, Linda has been GREAT. Both physically and emotionally. Hail to the caregivers, who are often underappreciated. People always ask how the patient is doing, but fewer show concern for the caregiver. But I do, I appreciate Linda and all she does; and I realize the strain my condition places one her.
For my latest adventures — involving knee replacement surgery, these are just some of the activities which Linda has done:
- Drove me everywhere we needed to go. That included multiple trips to the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan, which is 50 miles from our home.
- Stayed in a hotel by herself for the days I was in the hospital after the surgery. This meant using Uber to get around.
- Shopping and lifting groceries, cat litter, and other heavy items that I could not help with post surgery.
- Going up and downstairs at our home multiple times daily to help me after I was discharged from the hospital.
- Worrying about me going up and downstairs, being overly tired, etc.
- And MUCH more.
Linda, you are appreciated.