For many of us who have undergone chemo, as well as those now undergoing chemo, eating may be quite challenging. The side effects can be sometimes be overwhelming. So, what can we do to eat better during chemotherapy?
Rose Hayes, via Sharecare, presents some good advice and a slideshow of 8 tips:
“During chemotherapy, meals should be your time-out from everything medical—a chance to rest, build your strength and enjoy the company of loved ones. Eating healthy, satisfying foods every day also can help you:
- Stay strong, both mentally and physically
- Tolerate your treatments
- Protect your good cells against damage from chemo
- Fight cancer by boosting your immune system and building your energy stores
- However, side effects like mouth sores and nausea can create stress and pain, and keep you from getting the nutrients you need.
- Here are eight expert-approved tips to help you beat the discomfort and enjoy your food once again.”
Click the image to access the slideshow and eight tips.