Many of know that we should have regular health exams. But what exactly should we be be tested for? To answer that question, we again turn to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
According to the CDC: “It’s time to take charge of your health! Schedule an appointment with your health care provider to discuss what screenings and exams you need and when you need them.”
What Health Services are Recommended?
These links provide information about key exams, screenings, and vaccinations:
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- High Blood Pressure
- Immunization Schedules
- Oral Health for Adults
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Skin Cancer: Basic Information
- Viral Hepatitis
And these links provide tools to help prepare for your next appointment.
- Check-Up Checklist: Things to Do Before Your Next Check-Up
- Family History: Tools and Resources
- Women’s Preventive Services: Required Health Plan Coverage Guidelines (AHRQ)