No matter how hard we try to live well, and to be healthy, the quality of the air we breathe is pretty much beyond our individual control. But, we need to know more.
The American Lung Association annually publishes research on the State of the Air. These are among the air-related resources of the Association. Click the links for further information:
- Key Findings. “More than four in 10 people live where pollution levels are too often dangerous to breathe.”
- City Rankings. “Which cities have the highest levels of air pollution? Which are the cleanest? Check out the lists here.”
- Health Risks. “Ozone and particle pollution are the most widespread pollutants — and among the most dangerous.”
- For the Media. “Journalists can access press releases, experts available for interview, b-roll, the full ‘State of the Air’ report, and more.”
- Join Our Fight. “The American Lung Association fights to clean up the air we breathe. We fight because dirty air harms our health and can threaten life itself. Would you join us in the fight for air?”
- Shared Stories. “We all have a reason to fight for clean air. People just like you have shared some personal stories that highlight the need for healthy, safe air. Read the stories they have shared or share your own.”
Click the image below to access the full 2019 167-page report.