Last year, we presented a post on the value of kindness. A natural question is, what can we do to be more kind? With that in mind, we examine acts of kindness for YOU to do.
From Happyologist: Acts of Kindness for YOU to Do
Kindness means different things to different people. The meaning is in how YOU choose to show it. Be it through empathy, acceptance, kind gestures, thoughtfulness, the possibilities are entirely up to you. Kindness might look like being helpful or showing empathy. It may mean doing nice things without expecting nice things in return
According to Susanna Newsonen, writing for The Happyologist:
Sometimes we forget how easy it is to spread some good vibes around us. It can take 2 seconds to put someone else in a better mood through simple gestures. So here’s my favorite 10 random acts of kindness.
These are very easy to accomplish. And undoubtedly will make both you and the recipient feel happier:
- Hold the door open
- Give an honest compliment
- Thank someone who you appreciate
- Be a good listener
- Offer your help to someone
- Ask the person who’s serving you how their day is going
- Treat someone to a coffee or tea
- Let someone go past you in the grocery queue
- Send flowers or chocolates to a friend out of the blue