Welcome to Living Well with Cancer, a blog for those with serious illnesses and their families. I write this blog as a very fortunate survivor of pancreatic cancer. I was diagnosed in January 2015, had Whipple surgery in February 2015, and am among the few people who developed pancreatic cancer who has lived and thrived for as long as I have.
This blog is intended to inspire hope and show the value of a positive attitude. Happiness is a choice. And may we all live as long as we can as well as we can.
I have authored a book: Surviving Cancer and Embracing Life: My Personal Journey. It is available as a Kindle E-book for $0.99 (https://amzn.to/2MNCWSA) and a paperback for $4.29 with free Prime shipping (https://amzn.to/2ltGTje). It is also available FREE at this blog as a PDF file. Click the “Book” page at the top of the blog to download the file.
This book is dedicated to:
- My wife Linda for your phenomenal – and enduring – support and love. You will always be the LOML (love of my life) and best friend.
- My daughters Jennifer and Stacey and my sons-in-law Phil and Adam for always being there for me.
- My medical teams and other health care (body and soul) professionals, who helped save my life and who always showed caring and compassion to me – and still do.
- My friends, who provided me with so much kindness and comfort. And a special shout out to my friends also dealing with cancer; you really inspire me.
- All cancer victims – and others suffering with major illnesses — and their families as you go through your own personal journeys. I wish the best for you. You hold a special place in my heart.