Earlier this month, I gave a presentation to about 65 residents and other doctors on “Roles in Patient-Doctor Relationships: Seeing Both Sides.”
This is the sixth and final post from that talk:
- Doctors’ Roles and Responsibilities (including doctor morale)
- Patients’ Roles and Responsibilities (and what doctors wish patients knew)
- Stages of Patient Frustration and Satisfaction
- Doctor Actions Improving Patient Relationships
- Patient Actions Improving Doctor Relationships
- We’re Not There Yet on Doctor-Patient Relationships
Despite the progress made, as noted in the 5 posts above, there is still a ways to go in doctor-patient relationships.
Check out the charts below, which are based on four possible relationships. The optimal relationship is obviously mutuality. But the other three possibilities still exist. That needs to change. We need to have relationships be win-win!!!